2 minute sour cream pastry is going to change your life. It’s super quick, foolproof and very forgiving. What’s not to like.
If making pastry scares you…..this is the pastry for you!
Rich, tender, melt-in the-mouth, flaky and a complete doddle to make and work with. Jen is our resident pastry maker, whipping up time consuming puff pastry with complete ease and delivery. Whereby I, am never that confident making pastry and discovered this sour cream pastry that was heaven sent.
This pastry could not be easier to make. Throw everything in the food processor and blitz till you have a ball of pastry, wrap in cling film, refrigerate, then roll away. Success every time! Two minutes, go to whoa!
Watch How To Make 2 Minute Sour Cream Pastry
scroll to the bottom of the post for the 2 -minute sour cream pastry recipe
Check out some more recipes using pastry
click on the link for the recipe…..Beef Bourguignon Pie
click on the recipe link…..Cheats Gourmet Sausage Rolls
click on the recipe link…..Apple Frangipane Tart
click on the link for the recipe…..Peach Frangipane Tart
click on the link for the recipe…..Italian Lemon Mascarpone Tart
What’s your go-to pastry recipe? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this easy 2-minute sour cream pastry.Print
This super quick pastry is going to become your new best pastry friend. Quick, flaky, melt-in-the-mouth, buttery and super easy to handle. Love.
- 2 cups plain (all purpose) flour
- 225g (8 ounces) chilled, cubed unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 3 level tbls icing sugar if making a sweet pie
- 1/2 tsp salt making a savoury pie
- place flour, salt or sugar and cubed butter in food processor
- pulse till butter resembles coarse breadcrumbs
- add sour cream and continue to pulse until mixture just starts to come together
- turn out onto a bench
- shape dough into a round flat disc
- wrap dough in plastic film and refrigerate for 20 minutes – see notes
- lightly flour bench for rolling
- line tart/ pie tin with pastry and add filling
- bake at 180c – 350f until cooked
- if blind baking, line tart/pie tin with pastry – (trim excess pastry leaving 1cm – 1/2 inch above top of tin) then cover pastry with baking parchment and fill with rice, chick peas, or even sugar
- cook for 15 minutes at 210c 420f in preheated oven
- remove rice and baking parchment from tin
- trim pastry back to level with the top of your tart/pie tin with a sharp knife (trimming after the first cook you will always have a level pastry shell without shrinkage)
- return tart/pie tin to oven for another 10 – 15 minutes until golden and cooked
- allow to cool, then fill and proceed with your filling
- resting the dough in the fridge allows the gluten in the flour to relax and the pastry to chill
- relaxed pastry won’t shrink nearly as much
- Category: tarts and pies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: 2 minute sour cream pastry, shortcrust pastry recipe, shortcrust, shortcrust recipe, shortcrust pastry