Asparagus with Greek Salad Medley is a lovely way to add asparagus to the fresh clean flavours of a Greek salad. This salad is healthy, easy and appetising. Tender asparagus coupled with a gorgeous dressing of extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, a little red wine vinegar along with garlic and oregano. Couple that with super ripe tomatoes, crispy little cucumbers, super salty kalamata olives, red onion and loads of crumbled greek feta sprinkled with fresh black pepper. Serve chilled, with a glass of white wine for a delicious lunch.
We are so lucky to have on our doorstep Noosa Red tomatoes that are grown organically. They are a small red tomato with loads of flavour that reminds you exactly what a tomato should taste like. Try to get tomatoes that have decent flavour as this really brings this salad alive.
Check out some more winning salad recipes
- mexican prawn mango and avocado salad
- quick tuna and cannellini bean salad
- thai smoked chicken and papaya salad
- tomato burrata basil and prosciutto salad
- thai chicken larb salad
What’s your favourite way to eat asparagus?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this refreshing asparagus with Greek salad medley.Print
Fresh asparagus with a lemony dressing and a Greek salad thrown in makes for a fresh, clean salad.
- 3 bunches of fresh asparagus trimmed and peeled if necessary – see notes
- 3 ripe tomatoes, halved and deseed, cut into small dice
- 1/2 small spanish onion cut into small dice
- 3 lebanaese (persian) cucumbers cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 small red capsicum (bell pepper) cut into small dice
- 125 g (4 ounces) greek feta crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice x 1 tablespoon
- red wine vinegar x 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- steam asparagus till tender and refresh under cold water till cool
- place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together
- add cut capsicum, cucumber, onion, olives and tomato to dressing
- mix till coated
- place asparagus on serving plate and spoon vegetables and dressing over the asparagus
- crumble feta and sprinkle on top of salad
- grind fresh black pepper over salad
- serve and enjoy!
- thick asparagus can be quite ‘woody’ at the ends, so use a vegetable peeler to shave the first 10 cm (4 inches) off the base
- Category: salads and salad dressings
- Method: bench top
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: asparagus greek salad medley
What is it with pups and toilet rolls? Jen is unloading her shopping and by the time she takes the first load inside Coops has attacked the toilet rolls….