Avocado and Edamame Smash is exactly that. Buttery, rich avocado smashed with nutty edamame, smooshed together with lime juice and zest, garlic and fresh chilli. Super quick, super healthy and perfect smothered onto toasted sourdough for breakfast, or served as a healthy dip. What’s not to like.
Edamame beans are now widely available in your supermarket, sold frozen and shelled. No need to cook them, simply thaw them in some water for 10 minutes or thaw overnight in the fridge.
Edamame are packed full of fibre and contain all the essential amino acids, making them a complete source of protein. Got to love that!
Keeping the ‘smash’
The smash keeps well in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Adding the lime juice helps to keep the avocado from turning brown.
ready to eat!
Watch How To Make It
Check out some more winning healthy recipes
click on the link…..Spicy Red Lentils with Capers and Currants
click on the link…..Roasted Sweet Potato, Avocado and Pickled Ginger Salad
click on the link…..Watermelon, Feta, Mint and Olive Stacks
click on the link…..Asparagus with Greek Salad Medley
What’s your favourite way to eat avocado? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.Print
Buttery, rich avocado smashed with nutty edamame, smooshed together with lime juice and zest, garlic and fresh chilli. Super quick, super healthy and perfect smothered onto toasted sourdough for breakfast or served as a quick and healthy dip. What’s not to like!
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1 cup shelled, frozen edamame beans, thawed
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of two limes ( just under 1/3 cup)
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- nigella seeds– optional
- blitz or smash 1/2 cup of the edamame with 2-3 tablespoons of water till blended
- put blended edamame in a bowl
- add avocado, lime juice, zest, chilli, garlic, salt and pepper
- mix to combine leaving some of the avocado in pieces
- fold through remaining edamame
- sprinkle with nigella seeds if using
- serve and enjoy!
- smash keeps for 2-3 days in an airtight container
- Category: dips, salsas and finger food
- Method: hand mixing
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: avocado and edamame smash
Coo Coo just loves his soft toys. We hit the jackpot for finding suitable soft, cuddly and adorable mates for him at our local charity shop. They have a huge collection of them tumbled into a second hand babies cot, and at just $1 a piece, they are a bargain.
This is Coo Coo when he just received his new mates, and his excitement shows. He goes bonkers not knowing which one to ‘mouth’ first. But this colourful caterpillar that makes a jingling bell sound won hands down as his current favourite.