Bacon zucchini and corn slice is just like a crustless quiche or frittata. Super easy to prepare you’ll have dinner on the table in about an hour, go to whoa. Great for snacks, lunch boxes or picnics, and it’s one the kids can make. What’s not to like!
We love the versatility of this type of slice as you really can add what ever combinations of veggies you have on hand. You can of course omit the bacon and just make this slice vegetarian, or substitute some chopped ham, canned salmon or tuna.
Growing up there was often a zucchini slice in Mumʼs fridge as an after school snack. Itʼs super easy to make and tastes great hot or cold, which is our preference. .
It’s one of those perfect recipes that allows you to use what you have in the pantry or crisper. Don’t be afraid to try your own combinations simply keeping the egg ratio the same, as the egg is the binder for all of the vegetables.
swap out the veggies
You can swap out the veggies for what’s on hand. Try adding…..
- capsicum ( bell peppers)
- baby spinach leaves
- mushrooms, crumbled feta
- you get the picture, add away…..
cut everything the same thickness
When preparing the vegetables try to cut all of the vegetables roughly the same thickness, this ensures that the vegetables all take roughly the same time to cook.
As you’re making one, why not make two and freeze the other. Cut the slice into serving sized pieces and wrap in plastic then freeze. The frozen pieces are perfect for lunch boxes.
Watch How To Make Bacon Zucchini and Corn Slice
scroll to the bottom for the best bacon zucchini and corn slice recipe
Check out some more winning quick dinner ideas
click on the link for the recipe…..Stir Fried Pork and Sesame Udon Noodles
click on the link for the recipe……Chicken Stir Fry with Asparagus and Ginger
click on the link for the recipe……Korean Beef Bulgolgi
click on the link for the recipe……Thai Pumpkin, Chickpea and Spinach Curry
click on the link for the recipe…..Thai Pumpkin, Chickpea and Spinach Curry
What’s you favourite slice recipe? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you bake this easy bacon zucchini and corn slice.Print
Super quick to put together and great either hot, or cold. Perfect for lunch boxes and picnics. Swap out the veggies for what you have on hand.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small sweet potato sliced or grated
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced or grated
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 6 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tin 400g (14 ounce) sweet corn niblets, drained
- 6–8 rashers of bacon, cut into 2 1/2cm (1 inch) pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- preheat oven to 180c (355f) on bake, not fan
- line a 30cm x 24cm (11 x 9 1/2 inch) rectangular tin with baking paper that overlaps the tin (this enables you to lift the slice out from the tin)- see notes
- break eggs into a large bowl
- add nutmeg, baking powder salt, pepper and garlic
- beat well
- add all other ingredients and give it a good mix to evenly distribute the veggies
- tip mixture into tin
- bake on middle shelf for 45-50 minutes or until veg are cooked and top is starting to colour
- lift slice out using the overlapping paper and serve hot or cool on a cooling rack
- slice and serve
- if you find what you have mixed up is a bit dry with the six eggs don’t be afraid to add a couple of extra eggs and seasoning
- if you’re using a bigger pan your slice will of course be thinner and not take as long to cook
- Category: baking
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: bacon, zucchini and corn slice
Cooper has always slept in this position and in particular he loves to lay in the bathroom with his head poking out, so he can see what’s happening and stay cool at the same time.