Cheese puff tarts are an entertainers delight. Buttery and flaky pastry filled with a delicious little hot cheese and caraway filling. Super quick to make and they can be frozen ready to bake whenever you want. Perfect finger food!
We love entertaining and cheese puff tarts are definitely one of our standby finger foods. A dear friend gave this recipe to us years ago and she had also been given the recipe. We like to share!
Super quick and easy to prepare
Cheese puff tarts are super easy to prepare. Simply grate your cheese and add everything else to the processor. Blitz and you are ready to pop into the puff pastry and bake. Too easy!
Look for butter puff pastry as it will deliver better flavour. The sheets we use are frozen, square and ready rolled so no work in the pastry. The pastry thaws in minutes from the freezer. We like!
Freeze like a dream
Cheese puff tarts freeze like a dream. Place uncooked tarts in the tray into freezer. Freeze, then place them in zip lock bags. When ready to cook simply place them into greased trays again and bake straight from the freezer or thawed. Easy peasy.
What’s your favourite finger foods to serve at parties? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Buttery and flaky pastry filled with a delicious little hot cheese and caraway filling. Super quick to make. They can be frozen ready to bake whenever you want these tasty hot little morsels. Enjoy!
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry – see notes
- 18 ounces (500 g) cheddar cheese grated
- 4 ounces (100 g) parmesan cheese grated
- 4 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons full cream milk
- 2 teaspoons toasted caraway seeds
- spray oil
- you will need mini muffin tins
- preheat oven to 430 f (220 c) on bake not fan
- take pastry from freezer and place on bench
- place all ingredients in a food processor or mix together in a bowl
- cut pastry using a 2 1/2 inch (6 cm) cookie cutter
- lightly spray oil over muffin tin and then gently dab with a piece of kitchen towel – see notes
- line muffin tins with pastry
- place a loose tablespoon of the mixture into each hole
- you can freeze cheese puff tarts at this stage- see notes
- bake for around 15 minutes till golden brown- set a timer-see notes
- serve and enjoy!
- after spraying mini muffin tin gently dab oil with a piece of kitchen towel to leave a very thin coating of oil
- if freezing place filled uncooked cheese puff tarts in the freezer in the trays and freeze then remove from tin and pop in a ziplock bag in the freezer
- all ovens are different, just check your cheese puffs around the 15 minute mark
- bake from frozen for 430 f ( 220 c ) for 20 minutes
- Category: dips, salsas and finger food
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: cheese puff tarts