Chocolate chip cookies with macadamia nuts is an absolute winner. Who doesnʼt love these cookies? Crispy on the outside and chewy in the centre with loads of chocolate and toasted crunchy macadamia nuts. Devine!!
For us, this chocolate chip macadamia cookie is everything we want in a cookie. Soft but chewy, buttery, chocolatey, pure indulgence. You simply canʼt stop at one. Yet, so, so easy to make. Certainly a complete winner!
Chocolate chip cookies are simply iconic America, therefore, the big question is how do you like your cookies?…….crunchy, chewy, crisp, gooey, with nuts, without nuts……soft and golden, dry, saucer sized , uncooked, intensely buttery…….I mean, we all have a different take.
Growing up as children we can still remember Mum coming home with foil lined bags of Mrs Fields chocolate chip cookies. They were a revelation to Australia at the time, it was an American food icon that had just been introduced here. As children weʼd go into the store and watch the cookies roll off the conveyor belt with such anticipated excitement.
These days we much prefer to make our own and this Anna Olson recipe was a winner for us. We have simply swapped the pecan for buttery macadamia and upped the chocolate level…big yum! Thanks Anna.
Maccas are a native of Australia also known as Queensland nuts, bauple nuts and bush nuts. Macadamia nuts have a wonderful crunchy buttery texture, they can be eaten raw although I prefer them roasted and dusted with salt.
First you have to crack the shell which is unbelievably hard, I’ve seen people use hammers and end up with a squashed black thumb, so we prefer to buy them already shelled….. So, whatever you do give them a try.
scroll down for chocolate chip cookies with macadamia recipe
check out some more delicious cookie recipes
click on the recipe for the link…..chocolate almond cookies
click on the link for the recipe…..cheese and caraway shortbread biscuits
click on the link for the recipe…..condensed milk coconut macaroons
click on the link for the recipe…..cranberry white chocolate and pistachio cookies
Whatʼs your favourite recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
Weʼd love to hear from you in the comments below when you make these amazing chocolate chip cookies with macadamia
If you love Chocolate chip cookies that are crispy on the outside and chewy in the centre then you are going to love these delicious cookies adapted from Anna Olsen.
- 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (185 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) baking soda (bicarb soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) salt
- 1 1/4 cups (200g) cups dark or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (100 g) lightly toasted macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- we used a 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) scoop for these cookies
- cream butter and sugars together with a spatula until soft and creamy (about 3-4 minutes)
- add egg and vanilla to creamed butter & sugar mixture.
- add sifted flour, cornstarch (cornflour), baking soda (bicarb soda), salt and stir till just combined.
- stir through chocolate chips and nuts till distributed evenly
- scoop or roll even size cookies and chill in refrigerator for an hour
- preheat oven to 325 f (160 c) on bake not fan
- you can freeze cookies at this point. We used a 4cm scoop for this recipe.
- place on parchment lined baking tray leaving a 2-3 inch (5 cm) space between each cookie and bake for 15 or so minutes until browned around the edges. If baking from frozen let them thaw at room temperature for around 20 minutes before baking.
- Chilling cookie dough before baking solidifies the butter – the longer the butter stays hard the less cookies will spread.
- Slightly adapted from Anna Olsons Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Category: Baking
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies with macadamia, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie recipes