We grew up with Mum’s condensed milk mayonnaise. There was always a Tupperware container of it in the fridge ready to smear on an egg salad sandwich considering we grew up on a poultry farm there was always, always tonnes of eggs …..remind me to tell you just how many we used trying to perfect pavlova…..too many!
Anyway, this condensed milk mayo is super simple and super tasty. Condensed milk, malt vinegar and dry mustard powder mixed together and seasoned with salt and pepper. Condensed milk mayonnaise also keeps for yonks in the fridge. Too darn easy!
Condensed milk mayonnaise – Original recipe
This Nestle recipe has been around for decades, probably well before supermarkets sold salad dressing or salad cream. Our Mum always used malt vinegar, where the original recipe used white. Mum also doubled the amount of dry mustard powder in her recipe.
- Try adding a couple of tablespoons of fresh cream, a squirt of tomato ketchup and a dash of tabasco for a delicious seafood cocktail sauce
- Adding loads of fresh snipped chives through the condensed milk mayonnaise gives a delicious burst of flavour to egg salad sandwiches
- add a little curry powder
- mix it through your next potato salad.
Check out our recipes using condensed milk mayonnaise
click on the link for the recipe….easy egg and bacon potato salad
Have you tried this little winner of a mayonnaise recipe?
We’d love to hear from you when you make this condensed milk mayonnaise.Print
This fabulous tasting pantry mayonnaise is made in minutes. It keeps for ages in the fridge. Great with egg salad sandwiches!
Originally this recipe was posted as gluten free – with further research it appears malt vinegar contains small amounts of gluten. Use white vinegar if gluten is a problem for you.
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 2 heaped teaspoons dry mustard powder or wet hot english mustard
- malt vinegar 1/2 cup – try white vinegar for a gluten free alternative
- salt 1/2 teaspoon
- fine white pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- pour condensed milk into a small bowl
- add vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper
- whisk till thoroughly blended
- pour in a container with lid
- serve and enjoy!
- mayonnaise keeps for ages refrigerated
- mixture thickens up after whisking
- Category: salads and salad dressings
- Method: whisk
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: condensed milk mayonnaise, mayonnaise, retro mayonnaise, quick condensed milk mayonnaise