Cranberry white chocolate and pistachio cookies
Holidays are the perfect time for baking up a storm. Cranberry white chocolate and pistachio cookies are perfect for holiday indulgence. The festive red of the cranberries and green of the pistachio add to the Christmas vibe.
These cookies have everything you’re looking for in a cookie. Crispy on the outside and chewy in the centre with loads of white chocolate, pistachio and cranberries. Devine. What’s not to like?
How to make cranberry white chocolate and pistachio cookies
These outstanding cookies are a doddle to make. First up you cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg and vanilla. Sift over the flour, cornflour (cornstarch), bicarb soda (baking soda), salt and mix till its combined.
Now add your cranberries, white chocolate, pistachio and zest and give it all a good mix, then pop the mixture into the fridge for an hour.
Scoop the cookies onto a tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes or so until lightly browned around the edges. That’s it…easy!
Australia’s start to the holiday season is marked by our most famous horse race, The Melbourne Cup. The race is always the first week in November and it truly is the launch for party time in Australia with the countdown to Christmas. We love planning ahead and these fabulous cookies freeze brilliantly ready to bake whenever.
Cookies are a big part of our holiday baking. We usually start stocking the freezer with all sorts of goodies at the beginning of December. Batches of cookies, savoury shortbreads, little cheese bites, pate and all sorts of sweet things. This really takes a load off if you’re having family and friends staying over the holidays and into the new year.
check out more winning holiday baking recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..chocolate macadamia chip cookies
click on the link for the recipe….condensed milk coconut macaroons
click on the link for the recipe….chocolate almond cookies
What’s your baking schedule for the holidays? We’d love to hear from you in the comments and learn your tips and tricks for getting ahead in the holidays.Print
Cranberry, white chocolate and pistachio cookies are an absolute winner. Crispy on the outside with loads of chocolate, cranberries and pistachio nuts.
- 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) caster sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (185 g) all purpose (plain flour)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (bicarb soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate buttons
- 3/4 cup pistachio nuts lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- zest of 1 orange
- we used a 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) scoop for these cookies
- pour boiling water over one tablespoon of cranberries – these will be placed on top of scooped cookie dough – see notes
- cream butter and sugars together until soft and creamy (around 3-4 minutes)
- add egg and vanilla to creamed butter and sugar mixing for 30 seconds
- add sifted flour, cornstarch (cornflour), baking soda (bicarb soda), salt and mix till combined
- stir through cranberries, white chocolate, pistachio and zest
- drain reserved cranberries and set aside
- place cookie mixture in refrigerator for one hour – see notes
- preheat oven to 325 f (160 c) on bake
- line a cookie sheet with baking paper
- scoop or roll dough into even sized balls leaving a 2-3 inch (5 cm) space between cookies
- place extra cranberries, pistachio and chocolate buttons on cookies – see notes
- bake for 15 or so minutes until browned around the edges
- if baking from frozen allow to thaw for 20 minutes before baking
- allow cookies to sit on tray for 5 minutes
- place cookies onto a cake rack
- serve and enjoy!
- soaking the cranberries plumps them up
- we like to add a few extra pieces of cranberry, white chocolate and pistachio studded onto the raw dough before baking so their colours show on the baked cookie
- chilling the cookie dough before baking allows the butter to solidify – the longer the butter stays hard the less the cookies will spread
- Category: Baking
- Method: mixmaster
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry, white chocolate and pistachio cookies