Crispy smashed potatoes roasted garlic caper dressing are delish. A piquant, zingy and lemony sauce pairs beautifully with the crispy potatoes.
We’ve only been smashing potatoes for a few years and can’t remember where we cottoned onto the idea, but we’re glad we did. All soft and fluffy on the inside and crunchy and crispy on the outside. They’re best when they’re straight out of the oven. Perfect for when you want something hot and salty, with the capers and anchovies.
We promise that whenever we serve crispy smashed potatoes everyone wants to know how to make them.
Who doesn’t like a crispy potato. The way to achieve the crunchy little crags is to pour a little oil over each before baking. The oil gets into all the little nooks and crannies of the smashed potatoes resulting in crispy bites.
Both the potatoes and the dressing can be made a day or two in advance. Simply boil the potatoes and squash them when you’re ready to bake them. The dressing is fine made in advance.
Watch How To Make Crispy Roast Potatoes Roasted Garlic Caper Dressing
Please scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe
Check out some more winning potato recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..Easy Crispy Hasselback Potatoes
click on the link for the recipe…..Candied Sweet Potatoes
click on the link for the recipe…..Crispy Smashed Potatoes
click on the link for the recipe…..Crispy Roast Potatoes
click on the link…..Creamy Muffin Tin Potato Stacks
Have you tried smashing your potatoes?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make these very tasty crispy smashed potatoes roasted garlic caper dressing.Print
- 1kg (2 pounds) of small even sized potatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to season potatoes
- 6 fat cloves of garlic, roasted
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 heaped tablespoon baby capers, rinsed
- 1 cup Italian parsley, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- wrap unpeeled cloves of garlic in foil and roast for 30-40 minutes or until tender
- when cooked squeeze garlic cloves and place flesh to the side
- boil potatoes till tender, strain and allow to cool
- line a baking tray with baking paper
- squeezed cooled potatoes to create nooks and crannies and place on tray
- drizzle potatoes with oil and season with salt
- preheat oven to 180c (355f) and place trey on middle shelf
- bake till golden brown (about 40 minutes)
- place parsley, zest, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and olive oil in food processor or blender
- process till parsley is chopped
- add capers and pulse processor 2 or 3 times to just chop the capers
- remove potatoes from oven and spoon roasted garlic and caper dressing over them
- serve and enjoy!
- Category: vegetables
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: crispy roast potatoes with roasted garlic and caper dressing