These dreamy double chocolate almond cookies are chocolate cookie heaven. Laden with chocolate and almonds, moist with a little skirt of chewy crunch and very possibly addictive…..you won’t be able to stop at eating just one! Melting pockets of chocolate and almond crunch in every bite…..delicious! If you love the combination of chocolate and nuts try our chocolate chip cookies with macadamia for another unbelievably good chocolate chip cookie.
THE MIXTURE AND ELBOW GREASE!
Double chocolate almond cookies are easy peasy to make using a mixmaster but……the mixture is very thick…very, very thick so you will need a bit of muscle to mix in the chocolate and almonds if making these by hand.
This recipe comes from Kathleen King, owner of Tate’s Bake shop in Southampton, New York. Kathleen opened the store when she was just 21 and has been running it for the past 40 years. We figure if anyone should know how to produce a scrumptious cookie, she should, and does. The shop has been voted best bakery in the Hamptons for many years, and as the New York Times noted “it’s worth putting miles on the odometer to visit the store”.
Kathleen demonstrated making these cookies with the effervescent Ina Garten, (she with the ultra shiny hair …..would love to know her secret) in Ina’s home in the Hamptons.
We made these flavour packed cookies and couldn’t get enough of them as they are so moreish. In fact so moreish that we gave the rest to our local fruit shop girls to stop us eating them, and they gave glowing reports too.
All ovens differ. Check your cookies at the 11 or 12-minute mark as they will be soft but if you lift one up and check the bottom of the cookie it should be a nice deep brown colour. Remove and allow to cool on the tray. As the cookies cool they will dry a little and you should have a slightly crunchy outside.
Please scroll to the bottom for the double chocolate almond cookies recipe
check out some more winning cookie and biscuit recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..Almond Cookies – Gluten Free
click on the link for the recipe…..Chocolate Chip Cookies with Macadamia
click on the link for the recipe…..Forgotten Meringue Cookies
click on the link for the recipe…..Cranberry, White Chocolate and Pistachio Cookies
click on the link for the recipe…..Honey Ginger Snap Cookies
What’s your go-to chocolate biscuit? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make these absolutely dreamy double chocolate almond cookies.
These cookies are laden with chocolate and almonds. It’s incredibly hard to resist eating just one, as they’re just plain double chocolate heaven. We love them!
- 2 cups plain (all purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda (baking soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 300g (10 ounces) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- teaspoon coffee powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups dark or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- preheat oven to 175c (350f) on bake, not fan
- line baking sheet with baking paper
- sift flour, cocoa, salt and bicarb (baking soda) together
- cream butter and sugar in a mixer till pale yellow colour (about 3-4 minutes)
- add egg, coffee and vanilla and mix for 30 seconds
- now add flour mix, pulsing mixer till just combined (mixture is very thick)
- add chocolate chips and nuts, pulsing mixer as you add them
- use a 4cm (1 1/2 inch) scoop and place cookies on baking sheet about 5cm (2 inches) apart
- bake on middle shelf for 12-15 minutes – check after 12 minutes
- cool cookies on baking sheet – cookies will be soft but will firm up when cooled
- serve and enjoy!
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: double chocolate chip cookies
Cooper loves to have a soft toy to play with at all times and this little toy is one he stole from a friends baby.