Easy Crustless Lemon Tart is super quick to prepare and totally delicious. You need this recipe in your repertoire! It’s soft, creamy and very lemony. In fact, it almost smacks you with the lemon ‘hit’. Just our sort of lemon dessert!
This tart is perfect when you want a great tasting dessert that’s ready for the oven in minutes. It keeps well for 2-3 days refrigerated and is even better after a day or so.
Super quick to prepare
This stunning little crustless tart requires a bowl and a whisk, or a hand held mixer, if you like. There is no creaming butter and sugar, it basically all just gets thrown together and simply poured into a buttered springform pan to bake. Too easy!
This little crustless tart is great served on its own, or served with berries and cream.
Please scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe
Check out these winning lemon dessert recipes
Watch How To Make It
What’s your favourite lemon dessert? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.Print
Easy Crustless Lemon Tart is super quick to make and you totally need this recipe in your repertoire. It is soft and creamy and almost ‘smacks’ you with the lemon flavour. Quick and delish!
- 3 whole large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup castor sugar
- pinch of salt
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) butter
- finely grated lemon zest of 2 large lemons
- 125 ml (4 ounces) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream (thickened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- icing sugar for dusting
- preheat oven to 180 c (350 f) on bake, not fan
- melt butter
- lightly butter a 20 cm (8 inch) springform pan using some of the melted butter
- whisk the eggs lightly
- now add the flour and whisk together for a minute or so
- add the sugar, salt, butter, lemon zest and juice, cream and vanilla and whisk till combined
- pour batter into your buttered springform pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned around the edges
- tart will still seem a little ‘wobbly’ at this stage but remove from oven and rest on a cake rack for 20 minutes
- use a knife and loosen around the inside of the tin
- release the tart from the springform and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- remove tart from springform base using a spatula onto your serving plate
- sieve icing sugar lightly over tart
- serve and enjoy!
- the batter is very ‘liquid’ when poured into the springform pan
- the tart is not a deep tart. it’s about 3 cm (1 inch) high
- Category: desserts
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: easy crustless lemon tart
It doesn’t matter that Cooper has two water bowls on the deck, as he nearly always drinks from the pot with the water plants in it. Ever since he was high enough to reach the pot this has become his norm for rehydrating himself.
It seems like only yesterday that Cooper would lie in his water bowl.