Fudgy chocolate macadamia brownies are simply devine. Moist, fudgy, chocolatety, nutty and all shiny and crusty on the top. Everything a girl wants from a brownie.
Weʼve been making this same brownie recipe for years and never been tempted to look at another recipe. No idea where the recipe originally came from, but it’s called ‘the brownie contingents fudgy brownieʼ. Weʼve googled that name but nothing comes up sadly, as we would love to give credit to the maker.
Serious chocolate lovers, these are the brownies you need in your repertoire. With a high amount of fat (in the form of butter and chocolate) and less flour, these sweet squares do not hold back. You can expect an intensely rich chocolate flavor and a dense and super moist texture that just might remind you of chocolate heaven.
Brownies are just that special treat where itʼs almost impossible to resist taking another slice.
Super easy to make
These brownies are so easy to make and clean up after. One saucepan and the paper lined baking tin…too easy!
Toasting the macadamia
It is worth taking ten minutes to toast the macadamia as it brings a real depth of flavour to the brownie. Simply place raw nuts on a baking tray and place in preheated 180 c (350 f) oven for 10 minutes or so.
Check out some more winning baking recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..blueberry friands with orange zest
click on the link for the recipe…..chocolate cake with buttercream icing
click on the link for the recipe…..strawberry and cream sponge cake
click on the link for the recipe…..lemon curd sponge roulade
click on the link for the recipe…..meringue nests- gluten free
What’s your favourite brownie? Fudgy, chewy or cakey? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make these delicious fudgy chocolate macadamia brownies.Print
Serious chocolate lovers you need this recipe in your repertoire. These brownies are moist, fudgy, nutty with an intense chocolate flavour. You have been warned!
- 250 g (9 ounces) unsalted butter
- 125 g (4 1/2 ounces) dark cooking chocolate
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain (all purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125 g (4 1/2 ounces) toasted macadamia nuts
- preheat oven to 180 c (355 f) on bake, not fan
- line 27cm x 18cm (10 1/2 inch x 7 inch) slice tin with baking paper
- melt butter over low heat
- when butter is half melted add the chocolate, stir till completely melted and combined
- remove pan from heat and whisk in sugar
- beat in eggs one at a time until mixture is shiny
- stir in vanilla
- sift in flour, cocoa and salt and mix till combined
- stir through macadamia nuts
- bake for 35-40 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean
- remove from oven and place tin on a cake rack to cool
- lift brownie onto a chopping board and slice into pieces
- serve and enjoy!
- brownies keep very well in a container and refrigerated
- Category: baking
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fudge chocolate macadamia brownie