Ginger and Shallot/Scallion ramen noodles is a step up in the flavour department of our youth. Ramen noodles featured in our adolescent years as a quick pantry snack for anytime of the day. We were introduced to the ramen phenomenon years ago through a family friend, whose mother was Japanese.
Open the packets, add water and snip the sachets and squeeze into the water. Once simmering, add two eggs and whisk through the hot broth until the eggs are just cooked. Pour into a large bowl and spoon and twirl away. Delicious and still a guilty pleasure all these years later.
This recipe takes on the Hainanese chicken rice sauce of finely sliced shallots, ginger and garlic mixed and pouring boiling oil over them to sizzle, and then adding some soy sauce and sesame oil to flavour the sauce. Toss the quickly cooked ramen through the sauce and serve yourself a bowl of hot deliciousness, sprinkled with some chilli oil, toasted seaweed flakes and toasted sesame seeds. Big Fat Yum!
So quick to prepare
Ramen noodles take 2 minutes to cook and using a small food processor to finely chop your ginger and garlic makes quick work preparing these delicious noodles.
Watch How To Make Ginger and Shallot/Scallion Ramen Noodles
Check out some more winning quick recipes
click on the link…..Stir Fried Pork and Sesame Udon Noodles
click on the link…..Chicken Yakisoba
click on the link…..Ravioli with Asparagus and Bacon
click on the link…..Easy Quick Tuna Pasta
click on the link…..Chorizo & Prawn Pasta – Quick Spicy
What’s your go to ramen recipe? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make these ginger and shallot/scllion ramen noodles.Print
This recipe takes on the Hainanese chicken rice sauce of finely sliced shallots, ginger and garlic mixed and tossing boiling oil over them to sizzle and then adding some soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil to flavour the shallots (scallions).
Toss the cooked ramen through the sauce and serve yourself a bowl of hot deliciousness, sprinkled with some chilli oil, toasted seaweed flakes and toasted sesame seeds. Big Fat Yum!
- 1/3 cup ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch of shallots (scallions) finely sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- pinch of salt to taste
- 3 packets wavy ramen noodles
- toasted sesame seeds to serve
- toasted nori (seaweed) sheets, torn
- chilli oil to serve
- stir ginger, garlic and two thirds of the shallots (scallions) in a large bowl
- heat oil in a small pan till shimmering, but not smoking
- quickly pour the hot oil over the shallot mix and stir to combine oil
- let sit for 5 minutes
- add remaining shallots (scallions), soy, vinegar, pepper, sesame oil and season with salt to taste
- taste and adjust any seasonings
- cook noodles according to packet instructions (about 2 minutes)
- drain noodles and toss through shallot mixture
- sprinkle with sesame seed and nori
- add a dash of chilli oil to taste
- serve and enjoy!
- Category: Asian
- Method: bench top
- Cuisine: Japanese/Chinese
Keywords: Ginger and shallot/scallion ramen noodles