Homemade blue cheese dressing is quick to make, economical and far better than anything store bought. It is a wonderful Keto dressing and low carbs to boot!
It’s the perfect balance of sour cream, a little mayo, lemon juice and balsamic boosted along with garlic, mustard powder and finally blue cheese and thinly sliced shallots (scallions). Delish!
We came across this delicious blue cheese dressing whilst holidaying in the U.K. umpteen years ago and it has remained our favourite blue cheese dressing ever since.
scroll down below for homemade blue cheese dressing recipe
Watch how to make homemade blue cheese dressing
What to serve with it
- buffalo chicken wings
- pear, bacon and iceberg lettuce salad
- wedge salads
- on a grilled beef burger
Check out some more delicious winning dressing recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..30 second whole egg mayonnaise
click on the link for the recipe…..homemade ranch dressing
click on the ink for the recipe…..roasted garlic anchovy and caper dressing
click on the link for the recipe…..condensed milk mayonnaise – gf
What’s your favourite way to way to use blue cheese dressing? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.Print
Homemade blue cheese dressing has only one requirement. The blue cheese has to be gutsy, a mild blue will not pack enough punch!
- 40 g strong blue cheese – see notes
- 2 shallots (scallions), finely sliced2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 rounded teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 150 ml (5 fl ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good mayonnaise
- 1 level teaspoon salt flakes – see notes
- freshly milled black pepper to taste
- in a medium bowl add sour cream and mayonnaise and whisk together
- add garlic, mustard, lemon juice, balsamic, oil, and salt and pepper and whisk till combined
- fold through blue cheese and shallots (scallions)
- give it all a good mix and refrigerate until ready to use
- flavours will marry after refrigerating
- serve and enjoy!
- dressing thickens up once refrigerated
- this dressing makes a lovely dip once refrigerated
- we used Danish blue cheese for this recipe
- you could use Gorgonzola, St Agur or Roquefort
- if using fine salt, halve the amount
- Category: salads and salad dressings
- Method: whisk
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade blue cheese dressing
Sometimes I just collapse in what looks like an uncomfortable pose, but actually it’s one of my favourite doggy yoga relaxation poses. Try it.