Honey ginger snap cookies are exactly that, a cookie with a real snap and great honey flavour. Tickled up with a tad of ground ginger they are a very quick and easy cookie to make. They’re an easy bake for children, and perfect with a cuppa.
Just six ingredients is all it takes for these cookies to bake into a lovely golden, thin and snappy crunch.
This recipe was a childhood favourite to make, probably because they were so simple and the ingredients were always in the pantry.
The batter for these cookies is very thin and fluid. We like to pop the mixture in the refrigerator for half an hour to firm up a little before scooping onto the tray to bake.
scroll down for honey ginger snap cookies recipe
check out some more winning cookie recipes
click on the link for the recipe ….. cranberry white chocolate and pistachio cookies
click on the link for the recipe…..Chocolate Almond Cookies
click on the link for the recipe…..cheese and caraway shortbread biscuits
What’s your favourite childhood cookie recipe? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you bake these honey ginger snap cookies.Print
Super easy to make and bake these little golden, honey and ginger cookies have a real snap to them. Best eaten within 2 days.
- 80 g (3 ounces) butter
- 1/3 cup(115 g) (4 ounces) honey
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain flour (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- preheat oven to 180 c (355 f) bake, not fan
- combine butter, honey and sugar in a small saucepan
- stir over medium heat till butter has melted
- remove pan from heat and add vanilla
- sift flour and ginger together in a bowl
- stir in butter mixture and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth
- put mixture in refrigerator for half an hour to firm up a little
- scoop mixture on baking paper lined tray 8 cm (3 inches) apart – see notes
- bake on middle shelf of oven for about 8 minutes or until golden
- remove from oven and leave on tray for 5 minutes
- transfer cookies to a cake rack
- note: cookies are very soft when first removed from the oven but will harden as they cool down
- serve and enjoy!
- best eaten within 2 days
- we used a 4 cm (1 1/2 inch) ice cream scoop for this recipe
- if you use a smaller or larger scoop it will obviously determine how many cookies you get
- when measuring sticky ingredients like honey, it pays to wipe the measuring cup with a lick of oil – the honey pours from the cup easily
- Category: baking
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Australia
Keywords: honey ginger snap cookies, ginger cookies, ginger biscuits