No churn vanilla bean ice cream is a winner. No ice cream maker, no problem. This smooth and creamy, super easy and quick recipe, uses just three ingredients. Have a spare 5 minutes, and you’ll have made your ice cream. Too easy!
Our niece Kylie, put us onto this recipe and says she always has a tub in her freezer, and whenever she serves it everyone asks for the recipe. She often rings the changes and likes to add her favourite Lindt mint, or hazelnut chocolate finely chopped into the ice cream. Another winner she likes is smooshing frozen raspberries then swirls that through to give a raspberry ripple effect. Yum, can’t wait to try that one.
other flavours to fold through
- crushed honeycomb
- cocoa powder
- toasted coconut
- dehydrated strawberries
- fresh pitted cherries and chocolate chips
- salted caramel swirled through
- coffee powder and frangelico
- pureed mango
- almost anything goes!
How does it work
Condensed milk is high in sugar, and also the milk has been condensed down so that a lot of the water within the milk has evaporated so you’ll get a very creamy, ice cream and not, icy and sorbet like.
Watch How To Make It
Please scroll down for the no churn vanilla bean ice cream recipe
Check out some more winning summer desserts
click on the link for the recipe…..Peach Frangipane Tart
click on the link for the recipe…..Easy Crustless Lemon Tart
click on the link for the recipe…..Easy Pavlova Strawberry and Almond Roll
click on the link for the recipe……Pineapple, Mint and Chilli Sorbet – Gluten Free
click on the link for the recipe…..Lemon Curd and Almond Rolled Pavlova.
What’s your favourite ice cream flavour? We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make this delicious no churn vanilla bean ice cream recipe.
- 1 x 395g (14 ounces) can of condensed milk
- 2 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- or 2 – 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract to taste
- 2 cups pure cream – heavy cream – 35 – 40 % fat
- pour cream into bowl of a stand mixer
- beat cream until cream just holds its shape (soft peak) when you lift the beater
- turn mixer to low and gradually drizzle in the condensed milk (you should still have soft peaks)
- now add vanilla bean seeds or extract
- turn mixer to high and beat for 10 – 15 seconds only to thicken and aerate the cream – don’t over beat (otherwise mixture can separate and become grainy with ice)
- refer to photos and movie to see how thick the cream should be
- spoon ice cream into a loaf pan with approximately a 6 cup capacity 11cm x 22cm (4 1/2 inch x 8 1/2 inch)
- cover with plastic wrap
- freeze for 6 – 8 hours or overnight
- serve and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert