Parmesan crisps truly make the most simple yet elegant snack. Perfect with a glass of bubbles or wine. These little babies are a snack to make using store bought grated Parmesan. Perfect for the holiday season and ridiculously easy to make.
Parmesan and Parmesan
We get it there are times you want and need to lash out on a truly aged expensive Parmesan. Then, there are times you just want easy and economical. These Parmesan crisps are made using store bought supermarket ordinary grated (and cheap) Parmesan, and let us tell you it delivers.
Add in some snipped chives and youʼre on your way to delicious in minutes.
Perfect for entertaining
These little Parmesan crisps can be made in advance (they keep well in an airtight container for 10 days) or simply mixed ready to bake when guests are arriving. Perfect for guests as they are keto and low carb.
Perfect served with
- pico de gallo
- fresh tomato and basil salsa
Check out some more winning finger food recipes
- smoked mackerel pate
- cheese puff tarts
- devilled eggs with smoked salmon
- cheese and caraway shortbread biscuits
- haloumi fries with roasted garlic anchovy and caper sauce – gluten free
Have you tried these winning parmesan crisps? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.Print
These moreish little parmesan crisps are made in minutes. Serve them up at your next drinks party and watch them fly off the plate.
- 250 gm (8oz) store bought grated parmesan
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced chives – see notes
- maldon or salt flakes- see notes
- preheat oven to 180 c (360 f)
- line a baking tray with baking paper
- mix parmesan, and chives in a bowl
- spread a small scoop of parmesan in a circle on baking paper (you can use a small mould for shaping) – see photo, we used a 5 cm (2 inch) mould
- gently even out the parmesan to allow for an even cook
- sprinkle with salt flakes
- bake on middle shelf for 6-8 minutes till crisps are a light golden colour (watch them like a hawk)
- remove from oven and leave on the baking tray for 5 minutes
- remove from tray and serve
- parmesan crisps keep for 10 days in an airtight container
- you can replace the chives with thyme, basil or oregano
- if using fine white salt, sprinkle sparingly
- by using the same amount of parmesan mix eg. 1 level tablespoon and spreading the mixture over the same size area eg. circles drawn on the back side of your baking paper or using a mould, the crisps will all cook evenly and at the same time
- parmesan crisps keep for a week in an air tight container
- Category: dips, salsas and finger food
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: parmesan crisps