This piquant roasted garlic, anchovy and caper dressing is tangy and zesty. Capers have such a burst of flavour along with the sweetness of the roasted garlic. The added freshness of parsley and lemon zest along with a good glug of extra virgin olive oil bring it all together.
When garlic is roasted its flavour is rich, sweet, mellow and velvety smooth and tastes nothing like fresh garlic.
Processor or knife?
Dressing can be made in a food processor by pulsing so as it still has texture. You will probably get a more uniform dressing by using a knife but the food processor wins out for us because of time.
Ideas to use this dressing with?
- fried seafood loves this dressing
- tomato slices
- goats cheese
- smoked salmon
- over steamed fish
- really anything that loves a great little piquant sauce!
Check out our
What’s your favourite dressing recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know!Print
- 6 fat cloves of garlic
- 6 anchovy fillets coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of salted capers – rinsed
- 3 tablespoons – or to taste fresh squeezed lemon juice
- finely grated zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups flat leafed parsley – leaves only
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- pulse all ingredients till there is still some texture
- serve and enjoy!
- Category: salads and salad dressings
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: roasted garlic anchovy and caper dressing