Prawn cocktail sauce is super easy to make, delicious and ready in minutes.
Prawn cocktail sauce takes fresh prawns or seafood to another level. Spicy, sweet, delicious and made in minutes. You’ll never buy store bought again!
So retro, but ever so popular, no wonder this classic is timeless. Prawn or seafood cocktails simply say summer. The perfect combination of super fresh prawns, cold, crunchy lettuce finely shredded and this glorious rose coloured sauce says Christmas in Australia.
We grew up with prawn cocktail as a starter for our Christmas feast. Our father, who grew up as one of 9 children watched his mother slave in the Australian heat of Christmas day, preparing a traditional English hot roast Christmas lunch. Dad suggested to Mum when they married that he didn’t want her to swelter under the same circumstances. Hence our Christmas Day feast always had loads of cold seafood and chilled salads. Here, Here! Not to mention, Mum was a Christmas day baby, Noeleena Mary Josephine! If that doesn’t say Christmas I don’t know what will.
Check out some more winning starters
- Prawn mango and avocado salad
- Thai mango and lobster salad
- Mexican prawn mango salad
- tomato burrata basil and prosciutto salad
- chilli caramel salmon salad – gf
What’s your favourite prawn cocktail sauce recipe? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.Print
Seafood cocktail sauce is super quick to make and delicious. It really lift prawns or seafood to another flavour level.
- sweetened condensed milk x 1 tin
- dry mustard powder or wet hot English mustard x 2 heaped teaspoons
- malt vinegar 1/2 cup
- salt 1/2 teaspoon
- fine white pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- pouring cream x 3 tablespoon
- tomato sauce (ketchup) x 3 tablespoons
- worstershire sauce x 1 1/2 tablespoons
- tabasco sauce x 2 teaspoons
- pour condensed milk into a bowl
- add vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper
- whisk till blended
- mix in tomato sauce (ketchup), worstershire sauce, tabasco and cream
- whisk till blended
- refrigerate covered
- mixture thickens when refrigerated
- serve and enjoy
- Category: salads and salad dressings
- Method: bench top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: prawn cocktail sauce