Smoked salmon and lemon pasta is rich and ever so tasty. The luxurious cream, butter, parmesan and lemon sauce bathes the pasta with just enough coating, not swimming, just bathing! Coupled with a generous amount of smoked salmon and plenty of chives all finished off with freshly ground black pepper. Perfect!
We love to serve this smoked salmon and lemon pasta when the weather is just turning from autumn into winter. Itʼs comfort food, delicious and whilst not a recipe for every week definitely one to make for ease and something about smoked salmon says rich and luxurious.
Look for salmon ‘offcutsʼ or ‘trimmingsʼ which are invariably sold for a third of the price of premium sliced salmon. Salmon offcuts are what we used to make this smoked salmon and lemon pasta, and because the cost is so cheap for a luxury fish we can afford to be extremely generous in the amount of salmon used.
Don’t leave out the chives.They bring a lot of flavour to the smoked salmon and lemon pasta sauce with their delicate onion flavour
Check out some more great pasta recipes
- prawn, pesto and chargrilled capsicum pasta
- chorizo & prawn pasta – quick spicy
- easy chilli crab linguine
- oxtail ragu – gluten free
- cauliflower pasta bake with mushrooms and bacon
What’s your favourite pasta recipe?
Leave a comment below and let us know!Print
- 12 ounces (350 g) fettuccine or other long pasta
- 3 ounces (85 g) chilled salted butter cut into 6 pieces
- 1 cup heavy (thickened ) cream
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch chives cut into 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces
- 9 ounces (250 grams) smoked salmon cut into small pieces
- 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- cook pasta according to manufacturers direction till just al dente – see notes
- meanwhile pour cream into heavy based pan and heat to a simmer
- add lemon zest and stir through
- add butter one piece at a time and whisk till melted, then add the next piece
- continue whisking gently till all of the butter has been added
- stir in lemon juice and parmesan and mix through the sauce
- add chives and smoked salmon to the sauce
- add drained pasta and reserved pasta cooking water
- cook for a further 2-3 minutes till pasta is thoroughly coated with the sauce
- grind fresh black pepper over pasta
- serve and enjoy!
- cook the pasta till just al dente as the pasta continues cooking in the sauce
- Category: pasta
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian