Smoky Chilli Con Carne
We know that there are chilli aficionados that wouldn’t dream of adding beans into their chilli. This Smoky Chilli Con Carne, with beans adding loads of fibre, is a real crowd pleaser. Quick, cheap and delicious!
This great Smoky Chilli Con Carne recipe has to be one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together. An easy sharing favourite that uses pantry ingredients. Use it as a dip with corn chips for entertaining crowds. Or fill corn tortillas topped with sour cream and guacamole. Layer up with corn chips and cheese for a delicious nachos or a make a fabulous toastie sandwich adding cheese. Too many uses.
Using beef mince to feed a crowd is so economical. This recipe is always popular. We double up this recipe as it’s a fantastic recipe to make ahead. It’s great on the day or make and freeze two days later to let the flavours really develop. Eat half & freeze the other half. Easy!
Layering the chilli with both fresh and smoked chilli adds great flavour. This Smoky Chilli Con Carne is a winner! Ready to eat in 30 minutes. It’s also great served with soft runny eggs on toast. Yum.
What’s your favourite thing to serve with Smoky Chilli Con Carne?Print
Smoky Chilli Con Carne is quick to put together and has so many uses. Try it with tacos using our chilli with guacamole
- 1 lb beef (500 g) beef mince
- 2 medium brown onions diced
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 chopped red chilli
- 14 oz (400 g) tin red kidney beans drained
- 14 oz (400 g) tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin and 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- over medium to high heat add oil and onions and fry for 3-4 minutes till softened
- add beef, garlic and chilli and cook for 5 minutes till no longer pink (about 5 minutes)
- now add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil
- reduce heat to a simmer and cook for around 30-40 minutes depending on how dry you like your chilli
- serve with sour cream and guacamole if you like
- chill freezes well
- use it on your tacos, nachos or serve over rice
- Category: dips, salsas and finger food
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: chilli con carne