Thai pumpkin, chickpea and spinach curry is healthy, full of fibre and made in thirty minutes. What’s not to like about a warming vegetable curry that sees dinner on the table in thirty minutes using store bought red curry paste.
There are days when we love to build our curry base from scratch but this recipe is for days when we want a delicious, warming meal on the table pronto.
Store bought curry paste
We’re fans of the Ayam brand red curry paste as the flavour is authentic, with no additives or msg and 100% natural ingredients. It has a subtle mix of red chillies, lemongrass and spices balanced by the sourness of kaffir lime and the savouriness of shallot and garlic.
We have no affiliation with Ayam, they are products that we love and use often, especially their coconut cream and coconut milk.
Swap out the veggies
Try swapping the pumpkin for sweet potato, carrots, cauliflower, squash or even zucchinis.
Watch How To Make It
Please scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe
Check out some more great curry recipes
click on the link…..Easy Indian Chicken Curry
click on the link…..Thai Green Chicken Curry
click on the link…..Thai Vegetable Red Curry. GF
click on the link…..Cauliflower, Lentil and Tomato Curry
click on the link…..Indian Madras Beef Curry. GF
What’s your favourite vegetable curry? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.Print
Thai pumpkin, chickpea and spinach curry is healthy, full of fibre and very tasty. What’s not to like about a warming vegetable curry that sees dinner on the table in thirty minutes using store bought red curry paste.
- 500g (1 pound) butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 level tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 1 400g (14 ounce) can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3–4 double kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- heat a wok or pot over medium to high heat and pour in oil
- add curry paste and stir fry for 2-3 minutes over medium heat
- then add coconut milk and stir to combine
- add sugar, fish sauce and lime leaves
- tip pumpkin into wok and stir, cook for 10-12 minutes till tender
- add chickpeas when pumpkin is cooked and allow to heat 1-2 minutes
- lastly add the spinach,
- serve and enjoy!
- Category: Curries
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai pumpkin, chickpea and spinach curry