Watermelon feta mint and olive stacks are sweet, salty and refreshing. So simple to put together. It’s really not a recipe, rather than a delicious combinations of flavours.
This combination is best made only when watermelon is in its prime season. Super sweet, crisp, juicy and refreshing cold water melon is a powerhouse of flavour. It marries beautifully with the salty greek feta and briny kalamata olives.
sweet and refreshing
Interesting fact, there are apparently over 1200 different watermelon varieties! Who Knew? At any rate just make sure your watermelon is sweet and has great colour. Make this salad only when watermelon is in season, for this delicious pairing of flavours.
Good Greek feta is briny, salty, firm and crumbly. It really delivers on the salty flavour and is worth sourcing a quality brand for this salad.
Check out some more winning salad recipes
click on the link for the recipe…..asparagus with greek salad medley
click on the link for the recipe…..thai smoked chicken and papaya salad
click on the link for the recipe…..quick tuna and cannellini bean salad
click on the link for the recipe…..spicy red lentils with capers and currants
click on the link for the recipe…..thai mango and lobster salad
What’s your favourite way to serve watermelon?
We would love to hear from you in the comments below when you make these refreshing watermelon feta mint and olive stacks.
This is really not a recipe, rather than a combination of great ingredients that marry beautifully. If your watermelon isn’t spot on, then skip this recipe and make something else.
- ripe, beautifully coloured and flavoursome watermelon
- greek feta, all salty and crumbly
- pitted kalamata olives
- fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- handful of baby rocket leaves – optional
- caramelised balsamic dressing
- freshly ground pepper
- slice or cube watermelon into whatever sized pieces you like
- cube, slice or crumble your greek feta
- style melon, olives and feta onto a serving plate
- drizzle with caramelised balsamic dressing
- sprinkle mint leaves over the salad
- grind freshly ground black pepper over salad
- serve and enjoy!
- Category: salads and salad dressings
- Method: bench top
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: watermelon feta olives and mint salad